Sing with us
Join Brisbane Chorale for our exciting 2013 programme – including Britten’s War Requiem, Verdi’s Requiem and Elgar’s Dream of Gerontius in New Zealand!
Keep up to date with news and coming events. Sign up to receive our newsletter.
Help support the work of the Chorale by making a tax deductible donation, or remember us in your will.
- April 24, 25: Britten - War Requiem
Benjamin Britten – War Requiem
Britten’s epic work, in the 100th anniversary of his birth. In collaboration with Queensland Conservatorium, Griffith University – Staff and students of the Queensland Conservatorium, Brisbane Chorale, Conservatorium Symphony Orchestra
Nicholas Braithwaite, conductor
- Wednesday 24 April: Conservatorium Theatre, Southbank
- Thursday 25 April: Conservatorium Theatre, Southbank
- May 26: Verdi - Requiem
Verdi – Requiem
Verdi’s much loved masterwork, in the 200th anniversary of his birth. A co-production of 4MBS, Brisbane Symphony Orchestra, Brisbane Chorale, and a fabulous line-up of soloists
Antoni Bonetti, conductor
- Sunday 26 May, 3pm: Brisbane City Hall
- September 21: Elgar - Dream of Gerontius
Elgar – Dream of Gerontius
One of the great works in the choral repertoire.
A collaboration between Brisbane Chorale, Auckland Choral, University of Auckland Chamber Choir and Auckland Philharmonia
Uwe Grodd, conductor
- Saturday 21 September 7:30pm Auckland Town Hall
- November 16: Last Night of the Proms
Last Night of the Proms
Come along and get into all the fun, frivolity and beautiful music of our antipodean Proms – be British for a night! Enjoy all the traditional patriotic tunes, shanties, and even birthday celebrations for Verdi and Wagner to take any excuse for making lots of wonderful, entertaining music!
Brisbane Chorale and Queensland Symphony Orchestra
Giovanni Reggioli, conductor
- Saturday 16 November, 7pm: QPAC Concert Hall
- December 20,21: Spirit of Christmas
* NEXT CONCERT *
Spirit of Christmas
Be uplifted by the Christmas message. Sing along with your favourite carols and enjoy this celebration of the meaning and joy of Christmas.
Queensland Symphony Orchestra, soloists Mitchell Butel and Alinta Chidzey with Virgilio Marino and Kimberley Hodgson, the QPAC Choir, Brisbane Chorale, the Brisbane Birralee Voices
Hosted by ABC TV weather presenter Jenny Woodward
Simon Kenway, conductor
- Friday 20 December, 7pm: QPAC Concert Hall
- Saturday 21 December, 2pm: QPAC Concert Hall
- Saturday 21 December, 7pm: QPAC Concert Hall